Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

Musicians Visa


Are you an international musician or part of an international group of musicians? Have you been working internationally and would now like to work in the United States?

Individual Musicians

An individual musician would need to apply for an O-1 Visa. An O-1 Visa is a type of nonimmigrant work visa. There are three main things that an individual must show to qualify for an O-1 Visa:

  1. The individual musician would need to show USCIS (immigration) that he/she is an individual with extraordinary ability in the music industry, a type of art.
  2. In addition, the individual would need to demonstrate that he/she has an employer in the US
  3. The individual must show that he/she has a job offer or proposed work in the US

Group of Musicians/ Music Group

A group of musicians would need to apply for a P-1 Visa. A P-1 Visa is a type of nonimmigrant work which permits music groups that have obtained international recognition for being outstanding to come and perform in the US. Below is a list of requirements that an international music group must meet in order to qualify for a P-1 Visa.

At least 75 percent of the members of the group must have had a substantial and sustained relationship with the group for at least one year

The entertainment group must be internationally recognized:

  1. The group must have a high level of achievement in a field evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that encountered
  2. The reputation of the group is essential

If you are an international musician or an international group or musicians/music group and would like to inquire about whether you qualify for one of the above mentioned work visas, call us today for a free consultation at (562) 464-6934 and speak to one of our knowledgeable attorneys.