Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870
Parole in Place (PIP)

Parole in Place (PIP)

Green Cards for Non-Citizen Military Dependents

Parole in Place can help non-citizen military dependents obtain a route to Legal Permanent Residency (Green Card) by meeting certain requirements. Once a non-citizen military dependent obtains Parole in Place, the dependent then avoids leaving the United States when applying for Legal Permanent Residency within one year of obtaining Parole in Place.

With the dependent remaining in the United States, and avoiding consular processing for the dependent’s Legal Permanent Residency application, the dependent will avoid confronting the 3 or 10-year bar at the American consulate abroad, which would result in additional anguish for military family members. As such, the Secretary of Homeland Security provides special consideration for spouses, parents and minor children of Active Duty Members or Individuals who previously served in the U.S. Armed Forces and/or Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve.

Who Is Eligible for PIP?

If you are currently present in the United States without previously undergoing legal inspection and/or admission AND you are also a spouse, parent or minor child of a military member, you may qualify for Parole in Place if you can show the following:

  • You are related as a spouse, child or parent to either: (1) An Active Duty Member of the U.S. Armed Forces, (2) An Individual in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve or (3) An Individual who previously served in the U.S. Armed Forces or the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve
  • Evidence of family relationship to the military member
  • Evidence of the military member’s membership or previous membership in the U.S. Armed Forced or Selective Reserve of the Ready Reserve
  • You do not have a criminal conviction or possess other serious adverse factors
  • Evidence of any additional favorable discretionary factors that applicant wishes to be considered

If you are a spouse, child or parent of a military member and you do not currently have legal status in the United States, call our Los Angeles family visa office today at (562) 445-4870 for a free consultation in hopes of determining whether you qualify for Parole in Place.

Contact The Law Offices of Michael M. Felix

Put Our Extensive Experience & Track Record Of Success In Your Corner
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy