Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

EDM Continues to Take the United States by Storm!


As mentioned in one of our previous blog posts, Electronic Dance Music (more commonly referred to by its popular acronym EDM) has continued to take the United States by storm. EDM DJs and Producers have not only ignited the music scene in the United States, but have finally been embraced by popular international commercial vendors. In this last year alone, Dutch DJ/Producer Tiesto partnered with GUESS to create a limited edition clothing line; Australian-born sisters DJs NERVO are the newest faces of the iconic makeup brand CoverGirl; the Swedish trio, Swedish House Mafia, teamed up with Absolut Vodka for a bespoke piece of music; and French DJ Cedric Gervais is transitioning into Hollywood films.

These opportunities came as a result of these international DJ/Producers' popular music careers internationally and especially in the United States.

Most international DJ/Producers, such as the ones mentioned above, had to obtain O-1 or P-1 Nonimmigrant Visas in order to be able to work in the United States. With the O-1 or P-1 Visa, the DJ/Producer is able to accept music-related endorsements such as the ones mentioned above.

If you are an international EDM DJ or Producer and you have scheduled work in the United States or would like to inquire about how to obtain an O-1 or P-1 work visa, please call our office today at (562) 464-6934 for your free consultation with one of our attorneys.