Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

H-2B Visa for Entertainers and Athletes


The Law Offices of Michael M. Felix is happy to announce that we are once again processing H-2B visas for entertainers and athletes. The H-2B visa classification applies to foreign workers coming temporarily to the U.S. to perform nonagricultural work of a temporary or seasonal nature. The H-2B visa classification requires a temporary labor certification from the Secretary of Labor advising the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) whether or not U.S. workers capable of performing the temporary services or labor are available and whether or not the foreign workers’ employment will adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers, or a notice that such certification cannot be made, prior to filing an H-2B visa petition with BCIS. Due to unique characterisics of the entertainment industry, the Employment and Training Administration has established special procedures for the procesing of employer application for certification of temporary positions in this industry.

Occupations in the entertainment industry shall include performers and all technical and support personnel involved with a performance.

ATTENTION CANADIANS: Canadian musicians who enter the United States to perform within a 50-mile area adjacent to the Canadian border for a period of 30 days or less are pre-certified and not subject to labor certification procedures.

For more information on the H-2B visa, please feel free to contact me 562-464-6934 or at