Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

Obtaining an Immigration Waiver in California

Waivers for Immigration in Los Angeles

Immigration waivers forgive certain immigration violations or crimes on your record that are preventing you from legally entering the United States. You will need an immigration waiver if, after applying, you are not permitted by USCIS or the Department of State to enter the United States.

Some of the reasons for which you may not be permitted to enter the country may include, but are not limited to:

  • Unlawful presence
  • Working without authorization,
  • Criminal records
  • Health reasons
  • Prostitution
  • Smuggling

Waivers are difficult to obtain. Because of the nature and difficulty in obtaining a waiver, it is best to hire an attorney who has the experience in preparing and obtaining waivers. While no attorney can guarantee the results of applying for a waiver, you can rest assured The Law Offices of Michael M. Felix will use our expertise and skill to prepare the best waiver for you.

A waiver application can be filed to address and attempt to set aside these reasons for denial of entry. Identifying the type of waiver you need depends largely on whether you are trying to move permanently to the United States (immigrant waiver) or whether you are coming to the United States for a short period of time (nonimmigrant waiver).

Do you need a waiver to achieve your immigration goals? Call our office in Los Angeles, CA for a free evaluation of your case today.

Immigrant Waivers

If you are not a US citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) and would like to move to the United States, getting permission from USCIS and the Department of State may be a difficult process. Even if you qualify for a green card, there may be certain aspects of your background requiring you to obtain an immigration waiver before being permitted to migrate to the United States.

Nonimmigrant Waivers

If you are seeking to come to the United States for temporary travel or work, you may be subject to the same grounds of inadmissibility. A nonimmigrant waiver can waive most reasons for which you are found to be inadmissible and will allow you to visit the United States.

Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

Many undocumented immigrants in the United States are prevented from obtaining lawful resident status, even if they have an approved family immigration petition, by the infamous “10 year bar.” Foreign nationals face the 3 year bar or 10 year bar when they travel abroad to obtain an immigrant visa and their record shows they entered the United States without immigration inspection and accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence in the U.S.

However, our law firm’s expertise can help you overcome this obstacle through the provisional unlawful presence waiver process and finally obtain lawful immigration status. Since 2013, the provisional unlawful presence waiver allows spouses, children (unmarried and under 21), and parents of a United State citizen to overcome the 3 year or 10 year bar in the United States before they depart for their immigrant visa interview. With the help of our excellent attorneys, applying for this waiver will shorten the time you are separated from your U.S. relative while seeking a visa abroad.

To be eligible for a provisional unlawful presence waiver, you must:

  • Be 17 years old or older
  • Be a spouse, child (unmarried and under 21), or parent of a U.S. citizen
  • Have an approved family immigration petition
  • Demonstrate that refusal of your admission to the United State will cause extreme hardship to your U.S. citizen relative
  • Be physically present in the United States

It is best to hire an attorney to prepare any waiver application. All of our attorneys will work personally with you in hopes of obtaining the waiver you need. We have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to build a great reputation with USCIS as well as the Department of State. We are committed to preserving unification amongst immigrant families, and our attorneys will work tirelessly to ease the hardships on your family during the application process.

Get a free evaluation regarding your immigration case in Los Angeles, CA. Call the Law Offices of Michael M. Felix today!

Your Legal Advocates in Santa Fe Springs Contact Us at (562) 445-4870 Today