Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

On Your Way to Obtaining an O-1 Visa


Are you an aspiring actor, singer or musician? Do you live in a country outside of the United States? Would you like to perform in the United States but do not know how to obtain the opportunity to do so?

If you are an aspiring actor, singer or musician who lives in a country located outside of the United States, you will need an O visa in order to obtain the opportunity to work in this capacity in the United States.

An O visa is an entertainment visa provided to individuals who possess extraordinary ability in the arts, or who have demonstrated a record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and must have been recognized nationally or internationally for these achievements.

We know that as an aspiring actor, singer, or musician, you must be thinking, “how can I qualify for an O visa?” While it may be true that at this time, as an aspiring actor, singer, or musician, you may not qualify for an O visa, here are some tips on how to prepare so that you will eventually qualify for an O visa. During your transition from aspiring actor, singer, or musician to becoming an internationally recognized actor, singer, or musician so that you may qualify for an O visa, please make sure to do the following:

1) Do save any flyers, pamphlets, newspaper articles, and publications featuring your work

2) Do save any awards and recognitions received from organizations, associations, networks, etc…

3) Do create a resume showcasing all of your work

4) Do make contacts and connect with people within the entertainment industry in the United States and abroad

5) Do take photographs of your live performances and/or work

6) Do get as much good internet exposure as possible; this will help with your O visa interview

7) Do Not use any non-work visa for work purposes in the United States

8) Most importantly, Do Not engage in any criminal activity

If you are an international actor, singer, and/or musician and you are interested in obtaining an O Visa, please contact the Law Offices of Michael M Felix. At the Law Offices of Michael M. Felix, we specialize in obtaining O Visas for international actors, singers, and musicians. Our office has over 96% approval rating. Please call our office for a free consultation. Our phone number is (562) 464-6934. We look forward to speaking to you directly.

Additional Reading