Skip to Content
Law Offices of Michael M. Felix Law Offices of Michael M. Felix
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL 562-445-4870

From OPT to an O-1 Visa


Are you currently working in an Optional Practical Training (OPT) acting program? If so, did you know that you may be able to change your status from an OPT into an O-1 Visa?

Our office has helped several OPT beneficiaries obtain O-1 Visas. Qualifying for the O-1 Visa depends on several factors. At some point, you should have been enrolled as a student in an acting program, have acted in productions in your native country or internationally, and have worked in productions here in the United States.

If you are an actor, are currently working in the United States under an OPT category and would like to continue working as an actor once your OPT has expired, contact our office today for your free consultation at (562) 464-6934 to speak to one of our attorneys. We may be able to help you in your transition from the OPT category into an O-1 Visa.