Citizenship Through Qualifying Military Service

Qualifying for Citizenship as a Military Service Member

Immigration Firm Serving All of Los Angeles

First and foremost, everyone at the Law Offices of Michael M. Felix wants to thank you for your service. Serving in the armed forces is such a heroic and selfless act that it deserves recognition and appreciation. As such Immigration has built a pathway for those in military duty and their dependents (spouses and children) to become citizens of the United States of America, the country they served to protect.

How Do You Qualify for Citizenship?

If you served in either in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard you may be eligible to naturalize and become a citizen. To qualify, you must demonstrate the following general requirements: good moral character, knowledge of the English language, knowledge of U.S. government and history and attachment to the United States by taking an Oath of Allegiance to the United States Constitution. However, the continuous residence and physical presence requirements normally required for naturalization may not apply to certain military members and their family members. You may complete the entire process from overseas.

For those that served in the armed forces, there are two primary ways to apply for U.S. citizenship. The Los Angeles immigration attorney at the Law Offices of Michael M. Felix will help you determine whether you qualify under “One Year of Military Service during Peacetime- INA 328” or “Military Service during Hostilities-INA 329.” Whether you qualify under the first or the second, our attorneys will explain thoroughly any additional requirements you must prove.

Call (562) 445-4870 to learn more from our Los Angeles immigration lawyer!

Contact The Law Offices of Michael M. Felix

Put Our Extensive Experience & Track Record Of Success In Your Corner

Send My Information