If you are an international fashion model and you have been signed with
an American fashion modeling agency, you will be requiring a work visa.
There are two types of work visas international fashion models may qualify
for: (1) H1-B Visa and (2) O-1 Visa.
H1-B Visa Requirements
- The fashion model must be one of distinguished merit and ability in the
field of fashion modeling
- The fashion model must be prominent in the field of fashion modeling
- The petition must be filed by a US employer or agent
- The position offered to the fashion model in the United States must be
one where the fashion model will be performing services, events or productions
of a distinguished reputation
- The US employer must pay the fashion model the prevailing wage for that
occupation in the area of intended employment
A fashion model must be prominent in the field and position must require
prominence. Prominence means a high level of achievement as evidenced
by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily
encountered. The person must be renowned, leading or well known.
The H1-B Visa permits a fashion model to stay in the United States for
a maximum period of six years. The initial H1-B Visa is granted to the
beneficiary for three years with the ability to extend up to a period
of six years.
A fashion model may also qualify for an O-1 Visa if he/she can prove that
he/she is a person with extraordinary ability.
If you are an international fashion model and you would like to obtain
a work visa, call us today for a free consultation at (562) 464-6934.